Marcel Kittel claims the first victory for Project 1t4i in 2012
Friday, February 03, 2012
Marcel Kittel claimed the first victory for Project 1t4i. The sprinter of Project 1t4i edged the victory in the second stage of the French stage race Etoile des Besseges before Belgium Kris Boeckmans and stage one winner Nacer Bouhanni.
The second stage was hard due to the severe winter weather that also hit southern of France. Snow and temperatures at the freezing point forced the race organizers to cancel the first part of the route between Nîmes and Saint-Ambroix. The start was taken at Lusson and left almost 59 kilometres untouched of the original 149km.
Marcel Kittel showed some real strength in the sprint and left his opponents no chance in the last straight line and won his first race after finishing second the previous day. The German is also the new leader in the general classification.
Stage 2, Etoile des Besseges Nimes-Saint-Ambroix 59 km:
1. Marcel Kittel (Ger) Project 1t4i
2. Kris Boeckmans (Bel) Vacansoleil - DCM Pro Cycling Team
3. Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) FDJ - Big Mat
4. Daniele Colli (Ita) Team Type 1 - Sanofi
5. Justin Jules (Fra) Veranda Rideau U
6. Michael Van Staeyen (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator
7. Jean-Pierre Drucker (Lux) Accent Jobs - Willems Veranda`s
8. Sebastien Chavanel (Fra) Team Europcar
9. Samuel Dumoulin (Fra) Cofidis Le Crédit en Ligne
10. Tom Van Asbroeck (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator