The fans at the German National race in Saalhausen cheered for a muddy and dirty Thomas Litscher when he crossed the finish line in third position. Changing weather conditions with rain, sun and even hail made it a hard race.
After winning the Sprint Race on Friday, the FELT ÖTZTAL X-BIONIC rider also made it to the podium in the Cross-Country race on Sunday. A big party-weekend for Litscher: Two podium positions and his 22nd birthday on the same weekend.
After a little Crash in the first round, his bottle holder broke and he had to carry his bottles in the back of his X-BIONIC jersey. Despite the unusual drinking situation and the changing weather conditions Litscher finished third behind Moritz Milatz and Manuel Fumic.
Preparing for the World Cup Sprint in Dalby Forest
Next world cup weekend, Thomas Litscher will start at the Sprint Race in Dalby Forest and that means returning to the spot of one of his biggest wins. Last year, he gained respect from the world´s best riders with his win in the World Cup Sprint. Thomas Litscher, only 21 years old at that time, will return to defend his title and to show that he is even faster than last year. The merciless short race became a strong discipline of the U23 silver medallist and fits his technical skills on his FELT SIX (his first choice for the Sprint races). In the final showdown in Saalhausen, Litscher could ride away from the big field and pushed hard on the following three kilometres: full gas! Nobody could follow him and 2nd Emil Lindgren was more than 5 Seconds behind in the end.
Results German National Series Saalhausen
1. Thomas Litscher (Felt Ötztal X-Bionic) 00:38:43.5
2. Emil Lindgren (Rabobank Giant Offroad Team) 00:38:47.9
3. Marco Minnaard (Rabobank Giant Offroad Team) 00:38:49.3
1. Moritz Milatz (BMC MTB Racing Team) 1:34:55.2
2. Manuel Fumic (Cannondale Factory Racing Team) 1:35:54.1
3. Thomas Litscher (Felt Ötztal X-Bionic) 1:36:3.9
4. Emil Lindgren (Rabobank Giant Offroad Team) 1: 37:01.6
5. Fabian Giger (Rabobank Giant Offroad Team) 1:37:35.7